This Asian inspired Cranberry Ginger Broccoli Slaw is delicious and so easy to make. Now you don’t have any excuse not to eat healthy!
What is Broccoli Slaw? It’s basically Cole Slaw with shredded up pieces of broccoli stem in it. It’s actually a great use for your left over Broccoli stems. It adds a nice crunchy texture to your Slaw and is loaded with added vitamins and nutrients!
If you’re not into cutting and chopping a ton of veggies to make your own Broccoli Slaw you can actually buy it already made in a baggy. That’s what I did. Then you just add your dressing and any other add ins that you like then mix it all up. It doesn’t get easier than that!
The part of this recipe that took the most time was making the Cranberry Asian Ginger Dressing and that took less than 5 minutes! This is definitely one of those easy Summer salads that are the perfect side dish to bring to a cook out or party. I know I have a lot of last minute cookouts that friends decide to throw in the Summer and I never like to show up anywhere empty handed. I’ll be keeping this recipe handy this Summer for sure!
I decided to make this Cranberry Ginger Broccoli Slaw so that I could have something healthy to eat over the week in my fridge. It’s important that I keep healthy food in my fridge otherwise I tend to grab junk! I’m really trying to shed those last few Winter pounds.
I made the mistake of serving it as a side dish at dinner last night though. My son kept telling me that he doesn’t like Broccoli Slaw and that he didn’t think he was going to want to eat it. He was wrong! All my Broccoli Slaw is gone. Lucky for me it’s so easy to make!
Cranberry Ginger Broccoli Slaw
- 1 12 ounce bag broccoli slaw
- 1 Recipe Cranberry Asian Ginger Dressing
- 1/4 Cup Craisins optional
- 1/4 Cup Sliced almonds or chopped pecans optional
- Place broccoli slaw in a large bowl. Mix in most of your ad ins, saving some to top your slaw with. Toss with about 1/2 C of the Cranberry Asian Ginger Dressing. Add more to taste if you like. Place remaining add ins on top of your slaw to garnish. Cover and refrigerate. If you have time to let it sit in the fridge for and hour or two it will give the ingredients time to meld together but it can also be served immediately.
Keep this Cranberry Ginger Broccoli Slaw recipe handy this Summer for those last minute parties! You’ll have a delicious, healthy side dish to share with your friends and family!
Here are some of my other favorite easy dishes to keep on hand this Summer. Just click on the picture for the recipe.
Leave a Reply