A little twist on the traditional…Creamy White Chicken Chili is just as delicious and just as spicy as traditional Red Chili!
When the chill of Winter sets in there’s nothing better than curling up with a bowl of something warm to fill your belly. If you love traditional chili this Creamy White Chicken Chili is going to knock your socks off!
I’ve been wanting to make some White Chicken Chili for a while now. Even though I was not a fan after trying it in the past. The idea of it was something I loved and knew it could be great.
The two key ingredients that makes this White Chicken Chili different for me is the cream cheese and half and half. It adds a nice creamy thickness to the broth and works to cut the spiciness from the cayenne and jalapeno peppers.
We all love my Crockpot Turkey Chili. In fact Paul just made a big batch this past weekend for the AFC Championship. It’s always a big hit at our Game Day celebrations.
This Creamy White Chicken Chili can also be made in your crockpot as well or you can just put it in one to keep it warm during your party.
I made this White Chicken Chili last week and it was devoured in record time. Paul had never heard of it but after he scoffed down his first bowl asked, “Why haven’t you ever made this for me before!?” Then he went in for a second serving! He’s already requesting that I make another batch. I’m thinking Super Bowl Sunday! It will be the perfect way for us to Cheer on the Pats!
Creamy White Chicken Chili
- 1 1/2 Pounds Boneless chicken breast
- 1 Large Yellow Onion ,chopped
- 3 Stalks Celery ,diced
- 4 Cloves Garlic ,minced
- 3 Jalapeno peppers ,diced
- 2 ,32 Ounce containers Chicken Broth
- 3 ,15 ounce cans Canellini Beans
- 1 ,15 ounce package Frozen Corn kernels
- 2 teaspoon Cumin
- 2 teaspoon Oregano
- 2 teaspoon Chili powder
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper ,add more or less depending on how spicy you like it
- 1 Tablespoon Cilantro ,chopped
- Juice from one and a half limes
- 2 ,8 ounce package Cream Cheese ,softened
- 1 Cup Half and half
- 4 Tablespoon Corn Starch
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sliced avocado
- Sour Cream
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Tortilla strips ,these can generally be found with the croutons in the market
- Season your chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Cook in a skillet, let cool enough to handle and shred cooked chicken with a fork or cut into small pieces. Set aside.
- In a large pot or dutch oven, saute onions, celery, garlic and jalapeno peppers, in oil for about 5 minutes until tender.
- Add chicken broth to pot and bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer. Add cumin, chili powder, oregano and cayenne pepper. Stir to mix into broth.
- Add the lime juice.
- In a small bowl mix cream cheese, half and half and corn starch together. Add a 1/2 cup of hot broth in with the cream cheese mixture and stir until smooth. Add cream cheese mixture into your pot and stir to mix well.
- Add chicken, corn and cannellini beans to pot and let heat about 5 minutes. Stir in cilantro, taste and then add salt and pepper as needed.
- Remove from heat and serve with desired toppings.
This recipe has been updated from it’s original version. Some of the measurements and amounts of items in recipe have been updated. I’ve found that these new amounts seem to work better.
Spice up your Superbowl Party with this Creamy White Chicken Chili!
Whether your team made it to the Superbowl or not you can still enjoy the day with a big bowl of this White Chicken Chili. It’s also the perfect way to warm up on a cold Winter day!
Here are some more of my favorite Game Day foods! Just click on the picture for the recipe.