Just the right amount of spicy and the perfect amount of healthy! Keep your guests happy, healthy and warm at your next game day party with this Crockpot Turkey Chili!
What are the ingredients for the perfect game day party? Good food, good friends, lots of laughs and a nice HD TV to watch the game on! Of course it helps if your team wins too….Yay Pats! Whoot, Whoot!
I’m so excited to see the Patriots headed to the Super Bowl this year! Football is by far my favorite sport to watch and I never miss a Pats game!
They had me a little worried after their first game of the season but they definitely turned things around and gave us a fantastic season to remember with lots of interesting little surprises. Like Julian Edelman’s touchdown pass and Nate Solder’s first ever touchdown! I can’t wait to see what surprises they have in store for the Super Bowl!
There’s nothing better than a killer Chili to delight football fans on game day! Football and Chili just seem to go hand and hand.
This Crockpot Turkey Chili is my absolute favorite and I’ve been making it for years! I love making it in the Crockpot so I can keep it nice and hot through the whole game and if I’m taking it to a party it’s easy to transport and plug in to heat up when I get there.
This Chili is loaded with fresh healthy veggies, kidney beans and spices. I added lean turkey to try to keep the calories down and New Year’s resolutions in tack. It is so tasty and hearty you won’t even miss the extra calories that you usually get from ground beef. So you can feel good about making it for your next winter gathering to keep your guest warm and their bellies happy!
Crockpot Turkey Chili
- 1 Large Yellow onion ,chopped
- 1 Large Green pepper ,chopped
- 1 Jalepeno pepper ,chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic ,chopped
- 2 Pounds Lean ground turkey
- 1 ,6 ounce can Diced green chilis
- 1 ,12 ounce bottle Dark ale ,I used a chocolate stout
- 2 ,28 ounce cans Red kidney beans ,drained and rinsed
- 2 ,28 ounce cans Whole tomatoes ,I like to use Cento or Pastene San Marzano
- 1 ,28 ounce can Ground peeled tomatoes
- 1 ,6 ounce can Tomato paste
- 8 Tablespoons Chili powder
- 2 Tablespoons Cumin
- 1-2 teaspoons Cayenne pepper ,depending on how spicy you like it
- A few drops of tobasco sauce
- 1 Bay leaf
- Place whole tomatoes, ground peeled tomatoes, and tomato paste in a large crockpot.
- In a large sautee pan or skillet, sautee onions in a tablespoon of olive oil for 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and sautee 1 minute longer. Remove and add to crockpot.
- Add a little more olive oil to sautee pan and sautee green peppers and jalapeno for 5-6 minutes or until tender. Remove to crockpot.
- Sautee ground turkey until browned and cooked. Remove to crockpot.
- Add remaining ingredients to crockpot except for beans. Stir and cover. Turn on high and cook for 2-4 hours or on low for 4-6 hours. Add beans in the last half hour of cook time.
- Stir and serve.
I like to serve my Crockpot Turkey Chili with a killer cornbread too. Stop back on Thursday for my Skillet Cornbread recipe! It all gets mixed in one bowl and is absolutely delicious!
Thanks for a great season New England Patriots! Good luck in the Super Bowl!
Here are some more great recipes for your Super Bowl party! Just click on the picture for the recipe!
If you would like to follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest or Google+ just click on the social media buttons at the top right hand corner of the page and it will bring you right to my page. Once you’re there just hit “like” or “follow”! Easy! It’s a great way for you to see when I add something new!
Oh yeah….and if you would like to share this recipe you can just use the share buttons right at the bottom of this post. I would appreciate it so much! Sharing is caring!
I will be sharing this recipe at the following link parties:
Joy @ Joy Love Food says
This looks delicious! I love turkey chilies and love the idea to use beer, I need to try this! I’m the new co-host at What’d You Do This Weekend? and would love for you to come share this, and any of your other recipes, at http://joylovefood.com/whatd-weekend-1/ 🙂 Go Pats!
Nicole Crocker says
Thanks Joy! I would love to!
jessica @fourgenerationsoneroof says
I see you site is back up! yay!
Nicole Crocker says
Finally! Praying that doesn’t happen again!
Michelle @ A Dish of Daily Life says
This looks perfect for today…a high of 18! And it’s windy too…ugh. t is so cold outside! I think I have all the ingredients for this in the house right now…I need to look…I might be making it today!
Nicole Crocker says
I agree Michelle! I believe we are having the same weather here in Massachusetts! Three feet of snow last week and 8-14 inches on its way for tomorrow! A big bowl of this chili is sounding good to me right now too!