Impress your family with this Easy Chicken Piccata! Not only is it easy to make it’s healthy and delicious!
This post contains affiliate links, which won’t cost you any more to purchase, but does help support this site.
Making a dinner this delicious must be a lot of work right? Nope! This chicken piccata recipe couldn’t be easier and you may even have all the ingredients in your pantry already!
My favorite CHICKEN RECIPES with a hint of lemon!
I love chicken recipes with a little lemon added in them like my Chicken Scallopini with Lemon and Lemon & Rosemary Roasted Chicken Thighs. When the warmer temperatures roll in I always find myself craving lemon. That bright fresh flavor just seems to go hand and hand with warm sunshine!
Chicken Piccata is one of my favorite dishes to order when I’m out too. In fact the Cheesecake Factory makes one killer Creamy Chicken Piccata and it’s what I always order when I go there.
It’s a bit higher on the calorie count than this lighter recipe though. The recipe that I’m sharing today is lower calorie and quite healthy so you can feel good about making it for your family.
It’s an impressive looking dish too so whoever you make it for is gonna think you’re a rockstar in the kitchen! One bite and they’ll know you’re a rockstar!
Make extra Piccata Sauce!
The chicken piccata sauce is so tasty on it’s own you may even want to double the recipe so you have extra to pour over your pasta! I know we’re always fighting over that tasty sauce in our home. You can never have enough!
Easy Chicken Piccata
- 2 Pounds Boneless skinless chicken breast ,cut into 4 thin filets
- 1/2 Cup All-purpose flour ,divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 Tablespoons Olive oil ,divided
- 3 Shallots ,finely chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic ,minced
- 1/2 Cup Dry white wine
- 3/4 Cup Low sodium chicken broth ,divided
- Juice from one lemon
- 1/4 Cup Capers ,drained
- 3 Tablespoons Coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley ,for garnishing
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/2-inch thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. Place 1 teaspoon flour in a small bowl and set aside. Place remaining flour in a shallow dish. Sprinkle both sides of chicken evenly with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour in shallow dish; shake off excess.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and swirl to coat. Add chicken to pan and sauté 4 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoon oil in pan and swirl to coat. Add shallots to pan and sauté for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add wine and bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Cook until liquid almost evaporates, stirring occasionally. Add 1/4 cup of broth to reserved 1 teaspoon flour and stir until smooth. Add remaining 1/2 cup broth to the pan and bring to a boil. Cook until reduced by half (about 5 minutes). Stir in flour mixture and cook 1 minute or until slightly thickened, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and capers. Return chicken to the skillet and use a spoon to pour sauce over each piece. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
An Easy Chicken Recipe that’s fancy enough to serve at a weekend dinner party!
Easy Chicken Piccata….Easy enough for a weeknight meal….Fancy enough to serve at a weekend dinner party! The best part is you’ll have time to spend with your family or guests instead of working the kitchen!