This Frozen Banana Protein Smoothie is creamy, delicious and the perfect replenishment for your body after a vigorous workout!
This is my favorite way to drink my protein shake. I have never been a big fan of protein drinks but this one is so creamy and delicious I feel like I’m drinking an ice cream shake!
Most people worry about eating their bananas in time before the over ripen and go bad but I deliberately buy extra bunches of bananas so that I can freeze them. That way I always have some on hand to make my Easy Banana Bread or my favorite Banana Protein Smoothies!
I like to drink my Protein Smoothie as a quick breakfast in the morning or in place of lunch on some days. I always feel rejuvenated after I drink one and it totally satisfies those hunger pains. It’s a great way for me to keep my body fed and energized when I’m trying to lose weight too!
Frozen Banana Protein Smoothie
- 1/2 Frozen banana ,if its a small banana you can use the whole banana
- 1-2 Scoops Vanilla protein powder ,brand of your choice
- 2 ice cubes
- 1 teaspoon Almond butter ,no sugar or salt added
- 1 teaspoon Chia seeds
- Place all ingredients in a single serve container of blender. Fill about half way with water. Blend on high until creamy and smooth and no chunks are left. About 1-2 minutes.
- *I like to start with less water and then add more as needed to get the desired frozen consistency.
I like to use vanilla protein powder when I make my Frozen Banana Protein Smoothie but you could switch it up a bit and try chocolate or strawberry as well.
Looking for more recipes to use up your over ripe bananas? Try some of these. Just click on the picture for the recipe.
If you would like to follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest or Google+ just click on the social media buttons at the top right hand corner of the page and it will bring you right to my page. Once you’re there just hit “like” or “follow”! Easy! It’s a great way for you to see when I add something new!
Oh yeah….and if you would like to share this recipe you can just use the share buttons right at the bottom of this post. I would appreciate it so much! Sharing is caring!