This easy to make Herbed Chicken & Asparagus Quiche is loaded with chunks of rotisserie chicken, fresh asparagus and sauteed mushrooms. Boursin cheese spread is added to created one mouthwatering savory treat!
Mom made this delicious quiche last week and it was such a nice treat for many reasons.
First of all is was absolutely amazing and second I didn’t have to make dinner! I don’t know about you but getting a night off from making dinner is always a treat. Especially on a beautiful summer evening.
Some of my friends and I have decided that we need to get together more often for some GNO time. One of these ladies decided to host a Margarita Mondays night where she made a couple different Margarita recipes so we could have a tasting and then vote on our favorite. It’s always fun to get together with this great group of ladies…the Margarita tasting was just an added bonus!
What’s the secret ingredient in this Herbed Chicken & Asparagus Quiche?
The Boursin Cheese added to this Chicken & Asparagus Quiche adds an amazing herbed creamy flavor that’s irresistible. I’m usually not a huge fan of quiche but the flavors of this one are absolutely amazing. It kind of reminds me of a cross between a quiche and a chicken pot pie. It has the texture of quiche with some of the creaminess that you’d get from chicken pot pie. Creamy and delicious!
I was able to get to this fun get together stress free without rushing around trying to throw a dinner together for the kids and I thanks to Mom’s delicious Herbed Chicken & Asparagus Quiche.
Herbed Chicken & Asparagus Quiche
- 1 Pre-baked pie crust
- 2 Cups Chopped cooked chicken breast ,(Mom used a rotisserie chicken)
- 1 1/2 Cups Blanched asparagus ,cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 Cup Sliced sauteed mushrooms
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 3/4 Cups Half and half
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Boursin cheese or a garlic and herb whipped cream cheese spread ,Mom used a light version
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees F.
- Sprinkle chicken, asparagus and mushrooms into the pre-baked pie crust shell. Set aside
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, half and half, and salt with a whisk until well blended.
- Pour over chicken and vegetables. Drop the boursin cheese by teaspoonfuls into the quiche.
- Cover the crust edge with foil or crust protector to prevent from excessive browning. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 Degrees F and bake for another 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let sit for about 10 minutes before slicing.
Other ideas for Chicken & Asparagus Quiche
This Herbed Chicken & Asparagus Quiche would make a great dish to serve at a brunch or shower. Or use your left over Thanksgiving turkey in place of chicken and serve it with that left over cranberry sauce! Who says left overs aren’t delicious?
Here are some more great chicken dishes for you to try. Just click on the picture for the recipe.
If you would like to follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest or Google+ just click on the social media buttons at the top right hand corner of the page and it will bring you right to my page. Once you’re there just hit “like” or “follow”! Easy! It’s a great way for you to see when I add something new!
Oh yeah….and if you would like to share this recipe you can just use the share buttons right at the bottom of this post. I would appreciate it so much! Sharing is caring!