Start your day with something delicious! Peaches & Cream Coffee Cake to go with your morning coffee!While I was in New York City over the weekend Mom was busy turning out some deliciousness from her kitchen! I think she just discovered a new family favorite!
Paul and I spent St. Patrick’s Day Weekend in New York City site seeing, visiting the 911 Memorial Museum, going to a Broadway Musical, eating, eating, eating and eating some more! We certainly indulged in some pretty delicious food!
Let me start by saying if you haven’t been to the 911 Memorial Museum yet then you need to plan a trip! Make sure you spend the extra money for a guided tour too. It truly was a moving experience. Paul and I both had a lump in our throats and tears in our eyes the whole time.
There are so many awesome Broadway Musicals to see you really can’t go wrong. We went to see “Something Rotten” and we laughed the whole time! It’s a spoof on Shakespeare and musicals. So if you want to laugh this is definitely the one for you!
When you plan your trip to New York City make sure you’re not on a diet and go hungry because there’s amazing food everywhere you look! You definitely need to eat some New York pizza and some bagels. I don’t know why they taste so much better in New York but some say it’s the water. Definitely some of the best pizza on the planet! To finish things off make sure you have a nice big slice of New York Cheese Cake because your trip to New York City isn’t complete without it!
While I was busy galavanting around New York City and stuffing my face Mom was busy in the kitchen. So after leaving all the delicious treats that New York had to offer I came home to something even more delicious! Peaches & Cream Coffee Cake!
Mom has a way with Coffee Cake for sure. Do you remember the Blueberry & Cheese Coffee Cake that she made a couple of years ago? Well it’s the most viewed recipe on the blog just about every day so if you haven’t checked it out yet make sure you do after you’ve saved this one!
Peaches & Cream Coffee Cake
- 2 1/3 Cups All purpose flour
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Cup Shortening
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 ,3 ounce package Cream cheese, softened
- 1 ,14 ounce can Sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 Cup Lemon juice
- 1 ,20 ounce can Peach pie filling, cut each peach slice into 3 chunks
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 3/4 Cup Chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F. Grease and flour a 9x13 inch baking dish. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar and salt. Cut in shortening until crumbly. Set aside 1 cup of the crumb mixture. To the remaining crumb mixture, add baking powder, milk, eggs and vanilla. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Spread into your prepared baking dish. Bake for 25 minutes.
- While its baking. In a clean bowl beat cream cheese and condensed milk until fluffy. Gradually fold in lemon juice, peach pie filling and cinnamon. Spoon over hot cake.
- Add pecans to remaining crumb mixture and sprinkle on top of the cake.
- Bake for another 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let set for at least 10 minutes before serving.
This Peaches & Cream Coffee Cake is the perfect way to say Good Morning!
Add it to your Easter Brunch Spread or make it as a special treat for Mom on Mother’s Day!
Sharing at:Create It Thursday
Here are some of my other favorite morning treats. Just click on the picture for the recipe.
Looks scrumptious. Definitely a nice addition to an Easter brunch. Thanks for sharing!
Nicole Crocker says
Thanks Christina! Happy Easter!
Diane Lavoie says
I have to admit, it was pretty darn good! And will certainly make it again or bring it to a potluck as a special dessert treat