Looking for the perfect cookie for your Christmas Cookie Exchange this year? These Peppermint Kiss Thumbprint Cookies will have everyone drooling!
When Christmas rolls around each year it’s important to have some great cookie recipes on hand. Whether you’re headed to your office Christmas party or you need a killer recipe for your cookie exchange these Peppermint Kiss Thumbprint Cookies are the perfect festive little cookie!
Let’s not forget about Santa either! Cookies are his favorite Christmas treat, so you want to make sure you leave him something special!
Thumbprint Cookies are one of my favorite cookies. I love how versatile they are. You can make one dough with different fillings which makes it quick and easy to make a variety of cookies. Two of my favorite Thumbprint Cookies are my Salted Caramel Turtle Thumbprint Cookies and Lemon Curd Thumbprint Cookies. . Their buttery flavor makes it difficult to just eat one!
These Peppermint Kiss Thumbprint Cookies add a nice festive twist to the classic buttery cookie. I filled them with a layer of Peppermint Ganache and topped them with another Peppermint Kiss for double the mint “Kissiness”! I finished them with a drizzle of melted white chocolate and sprinkle of sugar to give them a little Christmas sparkle. I’m sure to be on Santa’s “Nice” list this year!
Peppermint Kiss Thumbprint Cookies
For the cookie dough
- 2 Sticks Unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/2 Cups All purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the topping
- 2 10 ounce bags Peppermint Kiss candy
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 3 Ounces White chocolate chips melted
- Sandy sugar for garnishing optional
For the Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F.
- Cream butter and granulated sugar with a mixer until pale and fluffy. Add yolks and vanilla, and beat for 1 minute. Reduce speed to low, and beat in flour and salt until combined. Cover, and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour (or up to 1 day).
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place 1 inch apart on a cookie sheet. Press finger or thumb into center of each dough ball to make an indentation.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes then remove from oven.
- Your indentations may have raised a bit while baking.
- Press down on indents with a spoon to make them deep enough to hold your filling.
- Remove cookies from cookie sheet and place on cooling rack.
For the topping
- Unwrap about 1 cup of the Peppermint Kisses and chop them up into pieces.
- Heat cream in a small sauce pan until you see steam begin to rise from the surface. Just before it begins to boil remove from heat and add the chopped kisses to it. Let sit for one minute.
- Stir with a whisk to combine kisses and cream until smooth and no more large lumps remain. Set aside to cool.
- Add a teaspoon of cooled peppermint kiss ganache to the center of each cookie. Sink an unwrapped kiss onto the ganache. Finish by drizzling a bit of melted white chocolate over cookie and sprinkle with a bit of sanding sugar if desired.
Treat Santa right this year and leave him a plate of these Peppermint Kiss Thumbprint Cookies!
Here are some more of Santa’s favorite cookies for you to try!
Diane Lavoie says
How cute are these?! and so good, what a great cookie for a cookie exchange. No boring here, What kid, big or small wouldn’t gravitate to one of these?
Jill McGinnis says
I made these festive cookies for a Cookie Swap last year and everyone went crazy for them! Not only do they look great, but they are so delicious. I plan on making these again this year for the holidays and for another cookie swap. Thanks for this incredible recipe Nicole!
Nicole Crocker says
Thanks Jill! I can’t wait to make them again too.
Lois A Mullins says
So excited! Just found this site can’t wait to try these along with the cranberry orange short bread. Thanks!