A super chocolatey cupcake filled with nutty nougat filling and topped with Salted Caramel Buttercream. These Snickers Cupcakes are totally addicting! The cupcake that tastes just like the candy bar.
This is the perfect recipe to make with all your left over Halloween candy! Lol! I know who am I kidding? There is no such thing as left over Halloween candy. Not in our house anyway.
I would love to be able to tell you that I made these because I had a left over bag of Snickers. The truth though is I had to go back to the store a couple times to get a new bag of Snickers to top my Snickers Cupcakes with.
Those delectable little chocolatey candies do not last in this house!
I definitely inherited my sweet tooth from my father. He looooved his sweets.
The first time I made this recipe for Snickers Cupcakes was last Halloween. They were the perfect chocolatey treat to bring to the Halloween party that I was going to. It seems I’m not the only one who loves that nutty chocolate bar because the Snickers Cupcakes disappeared in record time.
How to make the best Snickers Cupcakes
- The most important part of making these cupcakes if you want them to be the “best” is to start with a killer chocolate cupcake recipe. My chocolate cupcake recipe is a recipe that I have been using for over 20 years! It has really kind of made me a chocolate cupcake snob. You will see this chocolate cupcake recipe as the base for many of the cupcakes I have shared over the past few years on Family Table Treasures. Cupcake recipes like, Chocolate Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Filling, Moist Chocolate Cupcakes with Ganache Filling, and Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes with Chambord Ganache Filling, to name a few. The rich, moist chocolaty flavor that it has is the absolute best I’ve ever tasted.
- Next I decided for this cupcake to really taste just like the candy bar it had to have the Nougat filling. The nougat filling in these Snickers Cupcakes is so yummy you may find yourself nibbling away on it as you bake your cupcakes. It does make a large batch so it’s safe to do a little taste testing, just don’t go too crazy.
- Finally, the ooey gooey caramel needed to be represented so I topped it with my favortie Salted Caramel Buttercream. I also added a drizzle of Salted Caramel to make them completely irresistible.
If you follow those three steps you will have the absolute “Best” Snickers Cupcakes on your hands.
Special note for making this Chocolate Cupcake Recipe
A lot of cupcake recipes will tell you to fill your liners 3/4 full. However if you do that with this recipe a couple problems will arise.
- Your cupcakes will overflow the cupcake liners. Yes you want your cupcakes to rise but here’s the difference. When they rise too much they will overflow and the edges will get crispy and stick to your cupcake tin.
- The other problem that you will run into is they will rise and then sink as they start to cool when you remove them from the oven.
They will still taste delicious but they won’t look as beautiful as they should look.
So make sure you only fill your liners 1/2 way full. You may be tempted to fill them more. It will look like that isn’t nearly enough batter but I promise that’s correct. They are going to rise into beautiful moist chocolatey cupcakes.
Some fun facts about the Snickers Bar
Snickers Bars were introduced in 1930. Frank Mars named the popular candy bar after his favorite horse, Snickers. Today Snickers Bars claim the first place spot as the Most Popular Candy in the World!
I guess I’m not the only one who loves Snickers!
Snickers Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Buttercream
For the nougat filling
- 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 4 Tablespoons Evaporated milk
- 1 ,8 ounce jar Marshmallow Fluff
- 4 Tablespoons Creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Cups Lightly salted peanuts ,chopped
For the Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 3/4 Cups All purpose flour
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 1 Cup Strongly brewed coffee
- 1/2 Cup Canola Oil
- 3 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 3 Large Eggs
For the Salted Caramel Buttercream
- 2 Sticks Unsalted Butter ,softened
- 2 Sticks Salted Butter ,softened
- 4 Cups Confectioner sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Cup Caramel Sauce ,store bought or homemade
- 1 Tablespoon Milk ,optional, for thinning frosting if it seems too stiff.
For the toppings
- 8 Fun Sized Snickers Bars ,quartered
- Caramel Sauce ,for drizzling
For the Nougat Filling
- In a medium saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar and evaporated milk, stirring until dissolved, and bring to a boil.
- Remove the pan from heat and add the marshmallow fluff, peanut butter, and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth and creamy.
- Fold the chopped peanuts into the mixture.
- Let nougat cool completely before filling your cupcakes.
For the Chocolate Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 325 Degrees F. Line 30 standard muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients.
- Using a whisk mix until all dry ingredients are well combined.
- Create a gully in the center of dry ingredients and add remaining ingredients except eggs. Whisk together. Add eggs and whisk by hand for 2-3 minutes. Once incorporated mix for another 3 minutes with electric hand mixer on high speed periodically scraping sides of bowl.
- Fill each cupcake liner 1/2 way full with batter. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature.
For the Salted Caramel Butter Cream
- Place butter in the bowl of a stand mixer and cream butter on high speed until light and fluffy and lighter in color.
- Add confectioner sugar and mix on low until incorporated. Then scrape the sides of bowl and mix on high until smooth.
- Add Salt, vanilla and caramel and mix to incorporate.
- Add 1 tablespoon of milk to thin buttercream if needed.
How to fill cupcakes
- Using the large end of a piping tip, sink into the center of the cupcake and pull out. This should remove a nice round section of the cupcake.
- Roll about 1 tablespoon of the nougat into a 1 inch ball and place in the hollowed out cupcake. Continue to fill all of your cupcakes.
- Fill a pastry bag with salted caramel butter cream and pipe onto cupcake. used a wilton 2D piping tip but you can use whatever you like or don't use one at all.
- Place a piece of of cut up Snicker bar on top and drizzle with caramel sauce.
Nougat recipe adapted from Brown Eyed Baker.
Do you love Candy Themed Cupcakes?
Try these Gravity Defying M&M Cupcakes and watch some jaws drop!