Spice up Game Day with this Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings Recipe! Loaded with spicy bits of garlic and savory parmesan, you’ll score big points with this Chicken Wing Recipe!
I have a lot of Chicken Wings fanatics in my house. I have a couple go to chicken wing recipes that I make. Today I wanted to broaden our horizons with this amazing Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings Recipe!
Game Day and Chicken Wings go hand and hand in our home. If I’m not making Mom’s Garlic and Soy Sauce Wings I’m making Paul’s Sweet & Spicy Chicken Wings.
My son’s favorite is definitely Buffalo Chicken Wings though. The spicier they are the better! He loves to go to our local Chicken Wing Restaurant to order their hottest “After Burner” Buffalo Chicken Wings. I just look at him with a puzzled look on my face as I watch him eating these crazy hot wings. Rubber gloves on his hands so that he doesn’t burn his fingers, his nose running and tears pouring from his eyes….I’m not really sure how that’s enjoyable but he just can’t get enough!
This Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings Recipe has a little bit of heat added but no rubber gloves are needed! An herb seasoning is sprinkled on first and then they are baked to crispy perfection. After they come out they are tossed in minced garlic, freshly grated parmesan and chopped fresh basil leaves. They are absolutely amazing as is but to put them over the top I made a Blue Cheese/Dijon Dipping Sauce! Even my Buffalo lovin son was devouring them!
Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings Recipe
For the Chicken Wings
- 2 1/2 Pounds Party wings or wingettes
- 1 teaspoon Dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Dried Rosemary
- 1/2-1 teaspoon Cayenne pepper, depending on how hot you want them
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Basil ,minced
- 2 Cloves Garlic ,minced
For the Blue Cheese/Dijon Dipping Sauce
- 1 Cup Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
For the Chicken Wings
- Preheat oven to 425 Degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place wings in a single layer on pan. (If your pan isn't large enough for a single layer you may have to bake in batches or use more than one pan.)
- In a small bowl toss together; oregano, rosemary, cayenne and salt. Sprinkle on one side of wings then flip over and sprinkle on other side.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes. Flip over and return to oven and bake for 15 more minutes. (You can turn on broiler and broil for another 5 minutes if you want them a little more crispy)
- While they are baking: Mix olive oil, parmesan, basil and garlic in a large bowl. Remove wings from oven and toss them in the bowl with mixture. Place on serving platter.
For the Blue Cheese/Dijon Sauce
- In a small bowl mix blue cheese dressing and dijon together. Place in a small serving bowl for dipping wings.
Recipe adapted from: Steamy Kitchen
Game Day just got better with this Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings Recipe!
Whether your team made the playoffs or not you can still be a winner with these tasty wings! Make them for your friends and family and watch them disappear!
Here are some more great Game Day appetizers for you to try. Just click on the picture for the recipe!
Karen Melia says
How much Parmesan cheese is used and when?
Nicole Crocker says
Hi Karen, Sorry about that. I just updated the recipe to include the amount. It’s 1/4 Cup. Step 4 in the directions explains when to add the parmesan cheese. Enjoy!