One of America’s all time favorite candies baked on top of one of America’s all time favorite cookies. What could be better than Snickers Cookies?!
Paul and I were invited to spend the weekend at one of his old college buddy’s family home on Lake Winnipesaukee a couple weeks ago. I wanted to make a special sweet treat for their 8 year old twin boys and their 8 year old twin friends. This chewy, gooey creation is what transpired.
How do you make chewy Snickers Cookies
Chocolate Chip cookies filled with honey roasted peanuts and topped with large chunks of snickers. The recipe has a slightly unbalanced combination of white and brown sugars which gives the cookies a soft and chewy texture with a slight crispness on the cookie’s edge.
It was the perfect dessert to finish off our delicious smorgasbord dinner which included a variety of grilled meats, a plate of freshly cut veggies and my Potato Salad with Bacon. Great food and great company made our Winnipesaukee weekend getaway totally awesome!
- 2 1/4 Cups All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Sticks Unsalted butter ,softened
- 1 Cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 Cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Cup Honey roasted peanuts ,roughly chopped
- 1 bag Fun sized snickers bars (I used about 10 bars)
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter and both sugars. Add eggs one at a time mixing between additions. Mix in vanilla.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt. Whisk to mix together.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and combine well.
- Mix in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Place even amounts of spoonfuls a couple inches apart on a cookie sheet. ( I made large cookies. About 1/8 cup each. If you make yours smaller make sure to adjust baking time.)
- Cut snickers bars in thirds and place three pieces on top of each cookie and press down slightly.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes or until cookies are golden and cooked through.
- Adjust baking time according to cookie size.
- Cool cookies for 2 minutes on cookie sheet and then remove cookies with spatula to cooling rack to cool completely.
I will be sharing this recipe at the following link parties: