One of America’s all time favorite candies baked on top of one of America’s all time favorite cookies. What could be better than Snickers Cookies?!
Paul and I were invited to spend the weekend at one of his old college buddy’s family home on Lake Winnipesaukee a couple weeks ago. I wanted to make a special sweet treat for their 8 year old twin boys and their 8 year old twin friends. This chewy, gooey creation is what transpired. Chocolate Chip cookies filled with honey roasted peanuts and topped with large chunks of snickers. The recipe has a slightly unbalanced combination of white and brown sugars which gives the cookies a soft and chewy texture with a slight crispness on the cookie’s edge. It was the perfect dessert to finish off our delicious smorgasbord dinner which included a variety of grilled meats, a plate of freshly cut veggies and my Potato Salad with Bacon. Great food and great company made our Winnipesaukee weekend getaway totally awesome!
- 2 1/4 Cups All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Sticks Unsalted butter ,softened
- 1 Cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 Cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Cup Honey roasted peanuts ,roughly chopped
- 1 bag Fun sized snickers bars (I used about 10 bars)
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter and both sugars. Add eggs one at a time mixing between additions. Mix in vanilla.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt. Whisk to mix together.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and combine well.
- Mix in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Place even amounts of spoonfuls a couple inches apart on a cookie sheet. ( I made large cookies. About 1/8 cup each. If you make yours smaller make sure to adjust baking time.)
- Cut snickers bars in thirds and place three pieces on top of each cookie and press down slightly.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes or until cookies are golden and cooked through.
- Adjust baking time according to cookie size.
- Cool cookies for 2 minutes on cookie sheet and then remove cookies with spatula to cooling rack to cool completely.
I will be sharing this recipe at the following link parties: