This Ultimate Avocado BLT Dip combines layers and layers of BLT goodness with tangy avocado to create one awesome app!
Do you have and Avocado lover in your house? I do! It’s my daughter’s new favorite fruit. We’ve been making all kinds of Avocado dishes while she’s been home on break. Avocado Breakfast Sandwiches in the morning and a delicious and refreshing Banana Avocado Smoothies as an afternoon snack!
The delicious Avocado Breakfast Sandwich is what gave me the idea for this tasty Avocado BLT Dip. I didn’t know that a BLT could taste any better but when you add a little bit of Avocado it brings your sandwich to a whole new level!
The same goes for this BLT Dip. The avocado is tossed in lime juice and cilantro which gives a great added tartness that goes perfectly with the saltiness of the bacon.
This Avocado BLT Dip is a layered dip. The first delicious layer combines cream cheese, sour cream, mayo and chopped up bits of bacon. Then chopped lettuce, tomatoes and avocado are layered on top for a little crunch. To finish things off I sprinkled more bits of bacon and shredded cheddar cheese.
I served it with a combination of dippers. Corn chips, melba toast and celery were the perfect dippers. You may want to serve the dip with a spoon or spreading knife if you serve it straight from the fridge though. The chips weren’t quite strong enough to scoop with.
Ultimate Avocado BLT Dip
- 1 ,8 ounce package Cream Cheese ,softened
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 8 Slices Thick Cut Bacon ,cooked and chopped into bits and divided
- 2 Cups Chopped Romaine or ice burg lettuce
- 30 Cherry tomatoes ,chopped
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 Avocados ,diced
- Juice from one lime
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped fresh cilantro
- In a medium bowl mix together, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise and half of the chopped bacon.
- In a small bowl, toss diced avocado with lime juice and cilantro. Set aside.
- Spread cream cheese mixture into the bottom of a 9 inch pie dish. Top with lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, remaining bacon bits and cheddar cheese.
- Serve with melba toast, corn chips and fresh veggies.
Serve your Ultimate Avocado BLT Dip for Game Day or your next party!
You’ll love how quick and easy this Avocado BLT Dip is to make. The perfect no fuss appetizer!
More delicious appetizers for you to try!
Angela @ Setting My Intention says
I can’t wait to try this – I love avocados and bacon! Thanks for this great idea.